Organizational psychology is concerned with the intersection of human behavior and employment. Professionals working in this field find ways for employees to be more productive, happier with their jobs, committed to safety and focused on innovation. Much of what they do relates to recruiting, training and maintaining relationships with employees. That is why graduates of online organizational psychology degree programs work in such a wide range of fields. Their skills are in demand and broadly applicable.
One of the most common career paths for graduates of online organizational psychology degree programs is to enter human resources departments. Many of the core skills overlap. Understanding how employees think, feel and operate in the workplace can make it easier to manage them effectively. This is the primary responsibility of human resources professionals. If you have ever wanted to break into this field, consider getting your online organizational psychology degree.
Online Organizational Psychology & Development Degree Programs Enrolling Now
Sullivan University Online
Sullivan University is Kentucky’s largest private college or university, offering higher education for people with higher goals. At Sullivan University, we focus on in-demand programs that lead to successful careers. Whether you’re a high school student considering college, or someone seeking professional development, you’ll be surprised at the alternatives Sullivan University offers. Our streamlined programs are designed to fit into your lifestyle. With online course offerings, we work around your busy schedule to help you find a flexible plan that suits you. We offer everything from certificates and diplomas to advanced degrees so you can find a program that fits. For over 50 years, Sullivan has prepared students for lifelong success. Our course offerings have continually evolved to meet the practical needs of the business world, and our work continues with unlimited employment assistance to help graduates find jobs nationwide. Find out what makes Sullivan the right fit for you!
Keiser University Graduate School
Grow, lead, succeed - with an online graduate degree
Keiser University Graduate School provides student-centered, quality career education that enables you to make an immediate contribution to your profession. For over 35 years, Keiser University’s commitment to excellence has led to success for our graduates. Our unique combination of a strong curriculum rich in relevant courses for today’s workforce and our students-first approach provides an outstanding academic experience. Become part of a caring, learning environment, whether online or on campus, led by experienced faculty who bring you real-world challenges and solutions.
What is an Online Organizational Psychology & Development Degree Program Like?
Your program’s curriculum will vary depending on which online organizational psychology program you choose to attend, but there are broad subjects and topic areas that will be a feature of all of them. They include the following:
- Industrial Psychology
- Psychological Research Methods
- Organizational Development
- Workforce Training
- Cross-Cultural Psychology
- Measurement Theory
Some schools offer online organizational psychology degree programs at the undergraduate level, but they are more commonly found at the master’s level. Students often choose to enroll in online organizational psychology degree programs after completing undergraduate studies in business or psychology. Regardless of whether you are just beginning your education, or looking to build on an established foundation, there is a program to meet your needs.
Selecting Your Online Organizational Psychology Degree
You have many choices when selecting a online organizational psychology degree program. Consider all of your options before you settle on one. There are a number of important factors to consider which vary depending on where you decide to enroll.
1) Scheduling: The great advantage of an online organizational psychology degree is that it offers you a number of flexible learning options. Some programs are entirely online, while others feature an in person component. The right program for you will depend on the obligations you have outside of your studies.
2) Focus: Next, think about what exactly you want to learn Some online organizational psychology degree programs are mostly focused on research. Others are more about practical business applications. Some put a heavy emphasis on theory, while others draw mostly on real world examples. There are advantages to both approaches. You will have to decide for yourself which best reflects your goals.
3) Budget: Finally, research the cost of your prospective programs and the opportunities you have to receive scholarships, grants and loans. Tuition costs vary widely depending on the type of program you select. You must balance the amount you are willing to spend on your education with the salary that you expect to earn once you graduate. With some careful searching, you can find an online organizational psychology degree program that fits into your budget.
Also be sure to see: